Here are some steps to follow to make your marketing more effective.
- Establish a goal for each meeting. Potential goals:
- Follow up meeting
- Introduction to another decision maker in the office
- Get added to a preferred vendor list
- Reinforce your brand
- Promote an upcoming event and add attendees
- What are your expectations from a company like mine?
- What would blow you away if my company were able to deliver?
- What are your top criteria when selecting a company to work with?
- If already working together - How can we perform better ?
- What do you wish we would (would not) do when working with you? or if we worked together?
- What are your top criteria in making a decision?
- The answers to the above questions or ones that you ask will drive your presentation. Focus on the benefits of your service rather than the features. It is easy to talk about features - but no one buys features - only the benefits of these features.
- Tell them something they didn't know or something new. Add value to them or their business.
- When finished with your meeting and you leave then debrief your conversation.
- What went well?
- What didn't go so well?
- What should I do differently next time?
- What will I do exactly the same next time?
- Did I accomplish the goal that I set out prior to my meeting?
If you follow these steps then you may find that your marketing efforts are much more effective.
For more information visit Business Mentors